I have definitely had Transformative learning as I am a Mum returning to full time work and forced to return to university. The stages of my learning:
- Exhausted and confused
- Feeling guilty about the lack of time for the families needs and a lack of confidence in the challenges I have taken on
- Examining whether taking on all of these challenges at once was a good idea.
- Talking to friends about overwhelmed feelings
- Look for other options that could be taken
- Get organised into a better routine to deal with all challenges
- Seek colleagues with the same challenges and get some tips
- Give it all my best shot, that is all I can do.
- The more that gets done, the more competent I feel in the new challenges
- A family, Full time work and study are now a regular part of life
Mezirow, J. (2009). An overview on transformative learning. In I. Kund (Ed.), Contemporary Theories of Learning: Learning Theorists…..In Their Own Words (pp. 92–94). Taylor & Francis.