I am always looking for new ways of doing things online but this is not the answer!!!! Was this written by Twitter to promote Twitter?
I think that the negatives of using social media for professional reasons far out way the positives. Even though the number of points I made are more for positives, the weight of each of the negatives can be catastrophic.
- Share resources with other educators
- Can do real time online professional development
- Get updates from professional educational organisations
- Can be a valuable PLN
- Casts a very wide net of possible professional connections.
- Opens up a cyber library of Educational resources
- Can set up a personal and a separate professional account
- School advise only to use their systems when communicating with colleagues, students and parents
- The suggestion of communicating with parents is completely inappropriate
- Too many guidelines to follow, to not fall into unprofessional traps.
- Is only really appropriate between teachers, not teacher and students
- Can choose your followers but that then limits possibilities for networking and defeats the purpose.
- Cannot control if a follower retweets your posts.
Further Twitter ideas and Resources