Are we doing more harm than good in using so much technology in the classroom?
Some of the effects I am currently seeing
- Teachers using ipads etc to replace the Teaching component of their lessons
- Students lacking basic skills in science due to them not being given direct instruction but are self educating through the use of laptops.
- Students are showing lack of skills in note taking.
- Reduced Fine motor skill function due to no longer hands in making/building projects .
- Students are expecting to be dazzled every lesson as Teachers are more tech savvy and produce ever increasing amounts of technological lessons.